Go to Insert > Header or Footer > Edit Header or Edit Footer.
2. Select Different First Page.
3. In the header or footer area, you should see a label on the first page that says First Page Header.
4. Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
How do I set chapter numbers in Word?
Add chapter numbering to your Word documents
How do I change the numbering format in Word?
Define a new number format
1. Select the text or numbered list you want to change.
2. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the arrow next to Numbered List.
3. To change the style, click the down arrow next to Number style and choose numbers, letters, or another chronological format.
Where is the Format menu in Word?
Open one word document, in the group of the ‚ÄúMenus‚Äù tab at the far left of the Ribbon of word you can view the ‚ÄúFormat‚Äù menu and execute many commands from the drop-down menu of Format.
What is numbering used for?
In addition to their use in counting and measuring, numerals are often used for labels (as with telephone numbers), for ordering (as with serial numbers), and for codes (as with ISBNs).
What is bullet and numbering?
Bullets and numbering Word lets you make two types of lists: bulleted and numbered. Bulleted and numbered lists help to simplify steps or items to readers. Teachers often use bulleted lists to highlight important pieces of their lessons. Use bullets to list items that do not have to be in any particular order.